Pardon our appearance from Nov 20, 2013 - February 13, 2014... The Castle Makeover will be in progress!
Throughout the renovation, our restaurant hours will remain as follows:
Breakfast, 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM; Lunch, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Dinner, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Click here for our menus.
The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort announces a comprehensive renovation project, complete with new culinary offerings and updated common areas. After many years as the backdrop for vacation memories, productive meetings and momentous occasions, the lobby/atrium at the King and Prince is in need of a makeover.
The families that own the resort recognize the importance of providing a place that meets the needs of today’s travelers while also remembering what our loyal guests cherish about The King and Prince. This project continues the families' reinvestment into their own treasured destination. The lobby, restaurant and bar will be relocated for Winter 2013/14. The $7.7 million renovation will complete the project that began in the winter of 2012 with the renovation of event spaces, the front desk, and outdoor pool complex. See below for details.
On February 14th, our King and Prince family will be proud to present a spectacular castle by the sea, which many generations to come will enjoy.
"This is an opportunity to let the world know about our growth, innovations, creativity and commitment to quality services." - Gaines Sturdivant, President, MMI Hospitality Group
What does the castle makeover mean for Winter 2013-14 guests?
The priority is to minimize the impact that our castle makeover will have on the quality of guests' stays. Throughout the makeover, The King and Prince's brand of southern hospitality and top-notch service will continue. Accommodations, restaurant and bar, and many other guest amenities will remain open during this time. This winter will provide the opportunity to step back in time with the hotel’s main restaurant occupying the historic Solarium Room, quaint seating areas scattered throughout the original 1935 structure, and outdoor oval pool open and heated for swimmers.
- November 20, 2013: The lobby and atrium close for renovations.
- December 6 - 19, 2013: The poolside Oceanfront Building closes for roof retiling.
- February 14, 2014: Re-opening of the new lobby, atrium, restaurant and lounge.
What is the scope of the castle makeover?
- Brightened atrium and lobby space
- Signature furniture pieces selected to reflect the coastal comfort of the resort
- "Memory Wall" highlighting memorabilia of The King and Prince from bygone eras.
- Great Room with a comfortable seating area, game tables for cards or cocktails, and the re-creation of the fireplace originally designed for the 1935 construction.
- Due to changes in state regulations, the resort will no longer offer an indoor pool and hot tub.
Restaurant and Bar
- An all new dining experience with open kitchen and more ocean view seating, both indoor and outdoor
- Relocated bar, providing views of the pool and ocean.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our Castle Makeover, please call 800-342-0212. We'll be glad to talk with you about the project. Or you may email us at email@example.com.
CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR PROGRESS PHOTOS