St. Simons Island Photography Weekend
Weekend Photography Workshop
with Barbara Marie Kraus
March 6 - 8, 2015
Enjoy southern history, hospitality, and photo adventures on the coast of Georgia! Join us for a weekend of guided photo shoots at beautiful historic sites on St. Simons Island. Learn about Island history while you capture dynamic images of pre-revolutionary ruins, antebellum slave cabins, and tombstones in one of Georgia's oldest cemeteries. Capture images of the St. Simons Lighthouse and the sun rising form the ocean. Enjoy a sunset marsh cruise on an authentic shrimp trawler, photographing the creatures that live above and below the waves. Learn how to take great photographs with any type of camera. Designed for all levels of photographers, Barbara Marie Kraus will demonstrate tips and techniques used by the pros to get top notch results. Kraus is an award winning, published photographer who specializes in nature, wildlife, and adventure subjects. Her work can be seen on her website at www.BeachCottagePhotography.com.
Weekend Photography Workshop Itinerary:
- Evening Meet and Greet in the King and Prince's new restaurant, ECHO
- Morning photo shoot at local historic sites
- Morning classroom session on composition basics and birds in flight
- Evening sunset cruise
- Morning sunrise photo shoot on the beach
- Continental breakfast
- Morning history photo shoot at local sites
- Morning classroom session on post processing methods to bring out the best in your images
- Afternoon photo show and critique - you will prepare your own favorite photos from the weekend and share them with the group.
The weekend package includes the following:
- Two nights accommodations
- Friday evening Meet and Greet
- Sunday morning continental breakfast
- Entry fees to historic sites
- Photography instruction
||March 6-8, 2015
||$645 single; $922 double
||$609 single; $888 double
|Resort View / Standard
||$565 single; $842 double
(price excluding accommodations)
|$279 per person
Space is limited! Call 800-342-0212 today
to reserve your beach photography experience.
If you will not require accommodations during the retreat, please call 912-268-5965.
Please note: Weekend requires a minimum of 6 packages to be sold 30 days prior to event or hotel reserves right to cancel said events. Cancellation from 30 days - 8 days prior to event forfeits 50% of package. Cancellation from 7 days prior to event - day of arrival forfeits 100% of package. Maximum class is 14 people. Subject to availability.