Sample Wedding Itineraries
Inspired Planning for Unparalleled Georgia Coast Weddings
You have gathered friends and family from around the country for your special day. Your wedding weekend must be the most memorable experience.
With a variety of elegant rooms and picture-perfect indoor and outdoor settings to host small, intimate or large gatherings, each wedding at The King and Prince Resort can be customized according to the bride’s vision, with the help of her wedding planner. We suggest either Kelly Mattox Weddings or Cocktails + Details. These planners have established relationships with the Resort and area vendors, and can be invaluable to your experience. With their help, here are two examples of signature wedding dreams that can become a reality.:
“We Are Family” Weekend
- Welcome friends and family onto the island with signature cocktails at The King’s Tavern
- Set the tone with a relaxing stroll along the beach with friends
- Call our Royal Treatment Cottage yours for the day. Entertain your bridesmaids to massages, brunch, and manicure / pedicure treatments on site.
- The guys can knock down clay pigeons at Sea Island Shooting School followed by pool time.
- Bring everyone together for a cocktail reception with butler-served hors d’oeuvres and rehearsal dinner in the Retreat Room.
- Formal farewell brunch in the resort’s historic Solarium.
“Southern Traditions” Weekend
- Meet and greet arriving guests on the Oceanfront Lawn featuring a Casual Low Country Boil.
- A bank of beachcomber bikes available to your guests allow them to take an early morning cruise or book it down to the Village.
- Ladies - Bridesmaids’ Luncheon in the Solarium
- Gentlemen - Ocean kayaking tour from Southeast Adventure Outfitters followed with lunch at Southern Soul Barbeque
- Couple’s massage at the Royal Treatment Cottage
- Guests – Trolley Tour ending with marsh-side Rehearsal Dinner at Halyards’ River House