Updated: April 6, 10:45am
The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort is temporarily closing to guests Friday, March 27 and planning to reopen with a target date of Friday, May 1, 2020.
This difficult decision was made in order to protect our guests, team members and their families during this uncertain time.
If you have lodging or dining reservations during this timeframe, we will cancel them and process deposits on file through your original payment method. The King and Prince Golf Course is remaining open at this time. Future resort reservations can be made online here.
For guests who booked through one of our third-party travel partners (Expedia, Booking.com, etc), please contact them directly for their policies and assistance.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back home to The King and Prince. To stay connected in the meantime, we invite you to follow us on social media for virtual walks on the beach and future updates. (We'll continue to update this page as well.)
Should you be required to travel to The Golden Isles in the interim, we recommend Home2 by Hilton, our sister hotel located centrally on St. Simons Island.
Our thoughts are with all impacted by COVID-19. Your King and Prince family wishes you and your family health and well-being.
For social distancing and public health considerations, we have temporarily made changes to our normal operations:
- The on property restaurant, ECHO is temporarily closed. That means our Sunday Brunch, Friday Night Prime Rib Dinner and Easter Brunch have been suspended until further notice.
- The Royal Treatment Cottage will close effective Sunday, March 22, 2020.
- The Concierge desk is closed until further notice.
- Gift certificate sales and in-kind donation requests are suspended until the Resort re-opens.
- For future visits, please use our online reservation system for 24/7 service. We will have limited phone coverage from 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, to assist if you need to call.
- The King and Prince Golf Course is open with reduced hours, closing at 4:00 pm daily. All carts must be returned by 6:00 pm. The golf course restaurant is closed.
Due to the constantly-evolving nature of this situation, please continue to monitor this page for updates.
To help encourage social distancing, some popular attractions have also temporarily closed for the time being. Please note that the dates below are subject to change, we recommend you contacting each prior to arrival or follow the Golden Isles CVB for updates.
- The St Simons Pier is closed until April 30.
- The St. Simons Lighthouse is closed now through May 14.
- World War II Home Front Museum is closed now through May 14.
- Fort Frederica is closed until further notice.
- Cannon's Point Preserve is closed now through April 13.
- News reports regarding the beach may need clarification. The beach is currently only open for exercise only and is being monitored to make sure people are moving and not mingling.
There are other resources being updated locally regarding the St. Simons Island area. The Brunswick/Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce has created Facebook groups for restaurant and shopping updates. Elegant Island Living has also composed a list here.
We hope that you and yours stay safe and calm during this time of heightened health concern. If you miss us or are looking for a little calm, we invite you to visit via our webcam here. Take care of each other!
- Management and Staff of The King and Prince Resort
For updates on COVID-19 in general:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization