Updated January 9, 2021 at 12:00pm
To Our King and Prince Resort Guests:
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home! Like everyone else, we're adjusting to the "new normal" this year has brought, which includes changes to how we travel. Our promise of friendly Southern hospitality remains the same with a renewed focus on ensuring you and your loved ones have a comfortable and relaxing stay while enjoying the sunny days and open spaces on beautiful St. Simons Island.
Click here to make your reservation!
New Normal. Same Hospitality Promise.
As we navigate these unprecedented times, the safety and well-being of our guests and of our team members remains our top priority.
To best serve you during your visit, we have adjusted our hotel operations in accordance with guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and State of Georgia, including but not limited to:
- For the health and safety of our guests and staff, The King and Prince Resort is requiring the use of face masks in common indoor areas. This policy will be in place indefinitely. We strive to provide the safest environment possible for you while maintaining the quality guest experience the you've come to expect from our team members.
- Enhanced property-wide sanitation procedures and frequency
- Modified housekeeping protocol to minimize contact, including the temporary suspension of daily housekeeping service.
- Access to hand sanitizer in key locations
- Physical-distancing procedures in all communal spaces
- Touchless entry to hotel and hotel facilities, when possible
- Thermal temperature controls for all of our team members
- Extensive Covid-19 training for all team members
Given the fluidity of the situation, we will continue to adapt our procedures as needed. Please refer back to this page frequently for the most up-to-date information.
For additional information, please click here to view our guest welcome letter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, the pools are open.
Yes, the beaches are open and although social distancing is being encouraged, chairs, umbrellas and coolers are allowed on the beach. For more information regarding travel to Glynn County, please visit https://www.goldenisles.com/public-safety/covid-19-updates/
ECHO is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. *Dining reservations are highly recommended*
- Breakfast service is 7:00am - 10:30am. Lunch/Dinner service is 11:30am - 9pm. ECHO bar opens daily at 10am and closes at 10pm*. (*For the month of January 2021, the bar will be closing at 9pm.)
- Dine-in service is available with reduced seating capacity.
- Our menus are available for take out, with curbside service available upon request. Please remember that if there is a wait for dining, there will also be a wait for take out orders as well.
- Reservations (and takeout orders) can be made by calling the restaurant directly at 912-268-5967.
- Live music at ECHO is temporarily suspended.
- Prime Rib Dinner and Sunday Brunch are resumed as of June 2020. *Bottomless Mimosas and Unlimited Bloody Marys returned, but brunch modifications include being served a Traditional Bloody Mary in lieu of the fix-it-yourself Bloody Mary Buffet.
- Room service has resumed as of January 11, 2021.
The SeaShack is open on weekends, through October, to our resort guests daily from 11am - 5pm.
The Royal Treatment Cottage has closed.
Housekeeping modifications: We are adhering to current industry standards of cleaning in between guest stays, not during them. Therefore, daily housekeeping service is currently suspended.
Our Fitness Center is currently open by appointment only. Please contact the Front Desk to schedule your appointment and to also get the key for entry.
Face Covering Policy
- Are face coverings required while dining?
Face coverings are required in the dining area until you are seated and have placed your order with your server. Once you have ordered, you may remove your face covering while at your table. We ask that you wear your face covering when leaving your table.
- Are face coverings required at the pool?
Not at this time, since it is an outdoor area. We do ask all of our guests to continue to observe social distancing guidelines of six feet.
- Do you need to wear a face covering when visiting the King and Prince Golf Course?
Face coverings are required inside the clubhouse.
Face coverings are required in the dining area unless you are seated and have placed your order with your server. Once you have ordered, you may remove your face covering while at your table. We ask that you wear your face covering when leaving your table.
If you do not have a face covering with you, the resort does have a limited supply available. Please inquire at the Front Desk.
Area Restaurants/Points of Interest:
There are other resources being updated locally regarding the St. Simons Island area. The Brunswick/Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce has created Facebook groups for restaurant and shopping updates.
Several area restaurants have re-opened for dine-in in addition to offering take-out. We encourage you to contact restaurants (and other places of interest) directly to confirm their current operational status. As with ECHO, reservations are recommended wherever possible.
As of June 1, the St. Simons Lighthouse and the World War II Homefront Museum have both reopened.